Oct 2, 2011

Salimah

INSPIRING 
the definition reads
causing people to want to do or create something or to lead better lives
to motivate; to stimulate; to provoke; to influence; to encourage

With resounding affect, that is the word i am left with, INSPIRING. Having spent the afternoon with Salimah, one of the most inspiring women i have had the pleasure of sharing time with. She effortlessly speaks of world change, the good that yoga can and will do, and how, when you have been given a gift, it is only right to follow its path . . . . .to walk the walk and talk the talk, and indeed she does!
her heart beams through her skin, her laugh is deep and real and her intentions are clear
As she listens, and shares, everything she talks about becomes real,she is dedicated to eradicating the violence against women and girls worldwide and permanently in our lifetime, shifting perspective one breath at a time and practising yoga on and off the mat, every day, all day

here is just a taste of what Salimah is about
check out her sites, attend a class and keep an eye out. . . . .  big changes are a brewing

A little about Salimah. . . . . .her story

At the end of class, my teacher called me to the front of the room.

“You need to take this more seriously.” She said.
“Who? Me? But, I’m not flexible, I can’t do all these postures.“ Sound familiar? I had a long list of reasons why I couldn’t do it.

She looked me right in the eye and said “Yoga has nothing to do with the postures.”

The vibration of her words surrounded me. When I asked her years later about this conversation, she claims not to remember any part of it and I believe her. As a teacher, you are called on to deliver messages that have nothing to do with who you are as person. That conversation led me to Kundalini Yoga.

Kundalini Yoga is for the Yogi who lives here, now. She, You, bring self realization to a board meeting and time with your partner in bed. Breath, intention, being in service and using the power of the body to create a specific effect.


my body/my temple





No comments:

Post a Comment