Sep 18, 2011

kettle bells?


So, last Friday I took on a challenge of sorts and worked out with a client at his Gym!
Dynamic Conditioning Center is a center set up as what I would call a playground for muscle men.
Kettlebells, Monster Truck Tires, Weighted Sleighs, Barbells, all to the soundtrack of death metal, ummmm perfect. . . . .
So after what I imagined would be torture, I was surprised to walk away feeling, fine
Strong yes, could I flip the Monster Tire? YES!
What I thought about after leaving was, how interesting each method of movement is, and how is it we come to love what we do. Exploration, taking classes, experimenting with different philosophies of body work is the best way to find a movement form that works for you!
I encourage everyone to go! get out there and try what our city has to offer
I have practised yoga for over 10 years, danced my whole life and movement has always been a wonderful way to let go, express and sweat. Perhaps with no real end goal, other than feeling alive. Strength comes from the endorphin rush, the alertness of muscles and clarity of mind
A process, a journey, but more an experience
Pure joy in movement, flowing from pose to pose.
I'm curious to know what it is everyone enjoys? chooses?
In the meantime, I'm going to stick to what I love, what I know and what brings my body and mind a feeling of freedom, love and strength!!

Happy Sweating everyone
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment