Mar 7, 2011

WOMEN'S DAY


MARCH 8TH
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY

A day to celebrate Women
Take this day and hug and kiss and send letters and chat and call and spend time with all the women you know and love. Lets embrace this day with wide open arms, looking back into the past just long enough to be thankful, truly thankful for our present.
The world has evolved so much, shifts have occurred, boundaries have been pressed, bridges have been crossed and we are living in quite a time, making history everyday. I encourage you to take a moment of pause and think of all the women in your life that have inspired you! Inspired you to be the YOU that you are today, take the lesson, the good and the bad, the challenges and the sweet celebrations and remember.
I have a wonderfully colourful and inspiring grandmother, the only grandparent I have had the privilege to know, and tomorrow I will call her and hear her stories of yesterdays life, listen to her skewed understanding of life today and her beautifully naive way of living in a black and white world. It is because of her, and so many other strong, creative and loving women, that I am who I am today.
To commemorate the big day tomorrow, I sit and make my own list of inspiring women. . . . .but here's an inspiring list that has been compiled for the 100th International Women's Day, of well known, out there in the political world, the entertainment world and the world that educates us.
Tuesday, March 8th will be a day to celebrate your very own women, women you know, don't know and every where in between, what a warm feeling knowing there are events happening around the world. To mark the anniversary, here are some quotes, another list of 10 remarkable women and their impact on today's world to inspire and remind. . . . .

"A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself."
Maya Angelou

“The things we truly love stay with us always, locked in our hearts as long as life remains.”
Josephine Baker

"It isn't what I do, but how I do it. It isn't what I say, but how I say it, and how I look when I do it and say it."
Mae West

" I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."
Diane Ackerman

"You can do it! don't get caught up thinking about the Big Picture, worrying is like being in a rocking chair - expends energy and gets you no where"
Ellie Joliat

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment