Nov 23, 2010

space


So, sometimes I love to let go of my daily routine, get out of town and become invisible, be anonymous
When this urge hits, often I end up in New York City
There is something palpable and exciting, ambitious and thriving about the city,
I just FEEEED off it
Walking on slightly familiar streets, window shopping, observing neighbourhoods. . . .eating and drinking and yogaing. . . . .it is all so inspiring
I usually make a point of taking one or two yoga classes while visiting. . . .and often end up at yogaworks in Soho. This time i took class with the wonderful Sarah Bell
Space being a big theme for her class. . . . space in the body, space for breath, for movement and mostly space in your mind. . . . .to create space, to find space and to relish in that space
I took this as a theme for my long New York City weekend
Space to breathe, space to think, space to move and walk in new directions and take on new avenues both literally and spiritually
I encourage you to do the same, whether in your own city or in a different one, in your daily routine or during a getaway. . . . . .find some SPACE


1 comment: