Oct 11, 2010


Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival, celebrated primarily in the Canada and the United States. Traditionally, it is a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. While perhaps religious in origin, Thanksgiving is now primarily identified as a secular holiday.
Having just come from an awesome meal of talk and turkey and thanksgiving love I'm reminded of the real reason for it, for the tradition of the dinner, the thanks and the celebration.
Reminiscing of the dinners of my past, the meal, the cleaning up, the dishes, the leftovers that fill my childhood. . . . all of it, all of the details the preparation, the days before shopping, the washing and chopping of the vegetables and prepping of the various dishes, the discussion of what to serve, the setting of the table, making name cards and choosing a dinner table theme, cleaning and scrubbing the house for guests. Cooking and Baking the meal it self, creating food and conversation and free flowing wine. . . .and then the sharing circle
the moment of pause, to think, to share, what YOU are thankful for this year.
As time evolves, as our thanks changes and shifts with life, I do feel thankful to keep the tradition alive. Through childhood, uncomfortable teenage years and early adult life
I am grateful and thankful for my circle
I am grateful for tradition
and ultimately, I hope you are too

No comments:

Post a Comment